Sunday, July 13, 2008

you won't live to see tomorrow

My blog has taken another hit. My camera broke. First Aero; now this. It didn't even really break in the traditional sense of the word. It just decided to stop working. It's not like I dropped it or anything. I took good care of it and it decided to die. I suppose I shouldn't be too surprised, though. It wasn't a very expensive camera and it got a lot of use. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about it. It sucked that it decided to die right before we saw Nicole Atkins play at the Fire. But that's life, I guess. I'm sure she'll play there again and the sound guy will get fired for being late to work and the monitors will break and she'll have to stand in the audience just a few feet away from me again real soon. OHWAITMAYBENOT! Double farts.

In other news, we had a photo shoot this afternoon with a new photographer. It was pretty fun, but apparently photo shoots are exhausting because I was so beat and not feeling very well afterwards. The way I felt didn't exactly make for a great performance on my part. And the sound quality coming from the PA was not sounding great to me. It sounded like I was singing through a megaphone to me. So I was ripping my throat apart to hear myself and to sound good. We tried to adjust the levels, but I wasn't that pleased with how I was doing. I felt rusty and tired and every time I moved it felt like my brain was hitting against my skull. Be that as it may, I wasn't going to hold up the rock. Show must go on! I mean, there was patrons down the road dying to hear our music while they ate their dinner...

Have I mentioned how much I hate my schedule?

No comments: