Thursday, April 19, 2007

awake is the new sleep, so wake up

Today/Last Night, I gave up on sleep. At about 4am I attempted to get some sleep, at 6:30am I was still wide awake. The only thing on me that felt tired was my eyes from holding them shut. So, I gave up and I got up and I stayed up. So, if my calculations are correct, and they're often not, I've been awake now for the past 33hrs and I admit that it is beginning to wear on me. At 9pm, I felt fine; like any 9pm of days I'd slept within the past 24hrs, really. But at about 11pm, I got up and my legs definitely felt like they wanted to get some rest. But cognitively, I think I'm pretty much okay. My eyes are burning a bit from my allergies that have been ailing me the past week, but other than that I feel perfectly normal. I'm surprised that I'm not more tired. Though, maybe what I'm more surprised about is that I actually feel tired. That's not something I ever feel unless induced by boredom or medicine.

I actually been in a better mood today than I've been all week. I felt better and I ate better and I don't know, I think maybe something is wired wrong with me; my body hates sleep. Even when I do get there, I'm plagued with regular nightmares and I wake again and again until noon when I suddenly cease waking every hour and blow my whole day and wake up groggy and grumpy that I didn't hear my alarms. Sleep is a bastard to me when I think about it. I wish I could give it up. I had all this time to relax and watch movies and take a shower and play guitar and do things for my music page and get my hair done and eat dinner and nearly finish my book.

I don't know, I think I might start re-thinking my traditional views on sleep and how much I really "need" and when. Sleep revolution!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

like i said, i'm sorry i'm not a witch. i'd toat cure you of this insomnia thing.

e. Styles said...

sleep is really over rated. look at me! I haven't slept a full 6 hours in about 5 weeks, and I'm still functioning!