Monday, March 10, 2008

believe me when i tell you i'll never do you no harm

My cousin, John, got married on Saturday. He's younger than my oldest brother and older than my other brother and now married. No pressure on my brothers. No pressure. It really shouldn't be any pressure considering my cousin, Katie, has two babies and is 4 months younger than me. Everyone has their own speed. My speed tends to be extremely slower than the average bear, it seems.


I don't mind weddings asides from the times that they play slow music. It's not like I'm sitting there pining for a man (maybe one in particular) or something. I don't weep to myself and wish I were married or anything. I just hate how I get left at the table all alone with my high school aged cousins so I feel not only awkward, but also like I'm sitting at the kiddie table. My brother was bold. He was going up to girls that were sitting alone and asking them to dance. Nobody did that to moi. Not that I really would have wanted them to. That would have been weird. I didn't even slow dance much at my senior prom with my boyfriend. Slow dancing is boooring. Maybe I'll grow to love it. I might like it if it's the right guy. Who knows.


Today some of the family came over to the house for a lunch/dinner thing. Linner. When I get up in the morning, it's terribly unsettling to hear the sound of my little cousin Alex's voice coming from the downstairs. People arriving early is so annoying. It definitely put me in the worst mood ever. haha But it went alright, I suppose. I actually played a lot with Katie's little baby, Autumn. She's just a cute little 5 month old that doesn't hardly cry and smiles a lot. I like them like that. I'm not going to like her anymore when she can walk and talk. She's in that good age where she's not too fragile to touch and aware enough of her surroundings to be amusing. Plus, Gizmo was freaked the fuck out by her so that was really amusing for me.


But the highlight of my weekend was definitely running into none other than WILL FERREL at the movie theater tonight. He's not a great coach, but he's a great promoter and you better believe that Jamie, Matt, and I tried to talk him into promoting J&TY, but it seems he's got his hands full having a new step-brother AND working for the NBA. He does it ALL. But I still want Steve Carell to be my best friend. But that's neither here nor there! Just know, Will Ferrel IS as awesome in person as he seems on screen! But somehow even taller than I imagined.

No comments: