Thursday, March 13, 2008

we were caught with our hands in the air

Things Happened on March 11th, 2008

These two mofo's had a birthday. They collectively turned 29. Is that an accurate statement? Or did they collectively turn 58? I don't know. Twins are weird. I don't know why I'm putting in my blog that they had a birthday as if they're my buddies. But it is something that happened on March 11th so it's alright. It counts. Sorry Johnny Knoxville, you did not make the cut. Don't feel bad, neither did Jimmy's dog, Sketch. I'm rambling.

Also, Jamie, Lisa, and myself found a Cosi, an Urban Outfitters, and an American Apparel on the same block in Philadelphia! And thus we celebrated by eating some Cosi. I could have and should have gotten a shot of Jamie in her brand spankin' new hat from UO, but I was too blinded by her beauty! I was afraid it would break my camera!

After our delicious dinner, we walked over to the World Cafe Live and showed support for Vince from Army of Me. He was there all by his lonesome. No Brad. No band. Just Vince. But he held his own. Played a lot of new jams and impressed us all. He also demonstrated how long it takes him to do anything and lied about his juggling skills. But more importantly, he told his friend Colin that I have a good voice. That I can "actually sing", unlike himself. (his words, not mine) I have been validated by someone I admire! Feels good, people! I can't deny it!

Then Jamie and I got back to the parking garage we left the car at and it was all locked up. I knew that the sign said it closed at 12:30 and I had been keeping an eye on the time, but somehow it took a bit longer to walk back there and by the time we got there it was already 12:35. But somehow we are the luckiest SOB's on the planet because as we're standing there by the gate a man pulls around and says, "do you need to get your car?" and low and behold, he let us in and we got the car and left. And bonus - we didn't have to pay! Our lives would have been so much more complicated had he not come around. Not to mention we would have been fined for leaving the car in there 24 hrs without a permit. So, really, we are so damn lucky. haha

Fin.



shit. That last part technically happened on March 12th, 2008. oh well.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

you didnt get a picture of me in my hat - but at least you got a picture of me in my pink shorts and sports tshirt! whew!

jenell o' boogie said...

that is obviously Lisa. Lisa had the caesar salad. you had tuna. Geez, you don't even know what you look like or what you eat anymore. GET IT TOGETHER