Thursday, August 21, 2008

those who are dead are not dead they're just living in my head..

Where's Waldo?

I went down, went down to DC... If you're cool enough, you know the song I'm referencing there. If not, oh burn, you're so uncool! Anyway, the stars aligned and something good came out of something bad! Instead of playing a show in NYC, I went and visited the Natural History Museum. I had been IN it before, but never gone through it. I know that doesn't really make sense. On class trips, we always went to some other museum and when there was free time, I never went into that museum. I remember all the steps and the elephant, but the rest of the museum was all new to me! And I have always looked up and said, "I want to see the Hope diamond.." but never had the opportunity. Now I have! And apparently, someone stole it. I don't know who... After we spent a great deal of time looking at arrowheads and geology, we left and went over to Chinatown to have something to eat at a place called "Pot Belly". It's kind of like a Subway or a Quiznos, but a lot better. Things are all fresh and delicious rather than like flat and weird. What happened to Subway? It used to be pretty good. Why are their sandwiches so flat and gross now? I don't get it! Anyway, there was a huge Urban Outfitters across the street. We didn't go in, but I was in awe of it. haha After that, we went back to my friend's house and he played some songs on piano and cut up a "tasty treat" for us (a mango) for the car ride because we were going to go see Buddy in Manassas. Yeah, I went to Virginia too. And that was fun too. There was a lot of nice people there and I had half of a really good turkey wrap. By the time we got back from that adventure, it was pretty late and I had a long ass drive to take on, but he still played me a song on guitar so that was pretty nice... But, that's pretty much the summery. Better than playing a show in NYC? I guess I'll have to wait and see what it's like to play a show in NYC first!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

haha i see him! i feel like a winner! i wont give any spoilers to anyone else who wants to play though. haha.

Lisa said...

whew...found him. although i was a where's waldo champ. surprised?