Sunday, August 31, 2008

a million faces pass my way

The last time I was here, I forgot to mention some things that went down. I think I forgot to mention this one as Jamie updated about it so thoroughly in her own blog. Be that as it may, Jamie and myself took a little trip up to Poughkeepsie, NY to see those zany Good Charlotte fuckers. Calling them "fuckers" will get me so many more hits to my blog! Anyway, we drove up there, taking our sweet time the whole way as to miss the Maine and Metrostation (which was successfully did!) and upon getting out of our vehicle, we were greeted by this lovely view. Hellooo Poughkeepsie!

And then we looked down and saw pink boas and GC gear. Were we surprised? Nope. Not at all. After all, they are on tour with underage boys.

The show itself? Frustrating. Joel said, "This is the part of the show where we play whatever we want.. let's play a song you've never heard live before," and Benji said, "No, I'm going to shit on that good idea. Let's play some old song that will make all your non-fans in the crowd happy because that's what I'm all about." Then he proceeded to shit on everything good and holy on the world. I went into that show thinking the worst thing I would experience would be the somewhat terrifying, yet young crowd, but instead left promptly after full of Benji rage! That's not really anything new.

Moving on to other things...

Gizmo went to the vet and stole $50 from me. I tried to give him away, but nobody wants him. So here I am, stuck in Jersey with an unwanted dog. The sacrifices I am forced to make in this world are atrocious!

So, on the 20th I went to DC (duh) and on the 23rd, I went to Baltimore. So, I drove through Baltimore to DC on a Wednesday and then that following Saturday I made the journey again. The trip to Baltimore is a lot shorter. But I might just think that because I had very recently driven to DC. It was pretty cool because we didn't come down alone. The Gazela Philadelphia came to Baltimore to hang in the Harbor with us. Thanks for the company, Gaz!

Harbor views!

From the Uno!

Zaaaaang!

Happy Labor Day :)

No comments: