Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I've got sunshine in my life

Before leaving for work this morning, I popped on my trusty brass knuckles. Because, as lame as it sounds, I wear them when I feel I need to be a little tougher (clearly only tough people wear necklaces with knucks on them... Ha!). When we played shows in Philly, I wore them. It's a psychological thing. Some people wear red for empowerment. I wear brass knuckles. Considering the scenes I have seen and heard about from other people who have quit, I thought I might need them today. I was wrong. Ironically, my store manager was in rare form. He was friendly. Apologetic, even. But that didn't deter me from what needed to be done. To my surprise, he said he would miss me. That I was a good work that always did what I was told and that this news "sucked!" In the light of his kind words, I decided to take the high road and not mention the fact that he was partially responsible for my departure. And better yet, he's going to have me on the schedule for next week, which means I can get my "fifties" for February! I can't afford anything, but I'm taking my last perks and running! So, all in all, I guess I didn't need my knucks today. Then again, maybe he was just nice because he was seriously intimidated by my Sasha Fierceness. Oh yeah, I bet that was it. If he liked it than he shoulda put a raise on it!

ps. gah! (thanks jmc!)

2 comments:

Jamie said...

its a good thing you brought em just in case. you never know what will happen in that place - for real. you shoulda been wearing them everyday!

and damn that cookie looks good!

e. Styles said...

"If he liked it than he shoulda put a raise on it!"


=reality lolz