Tuesday, July 7, 2009

We're having no fun at all

Went to WORLD CAFE LIVE in PHILADELPHIA to see VINCE of ARMY OF ME. I had a delightful turkey wrap while Reni Lane (opener) measured her microphone cord and sang atop tables and chairs. This is when I missed John the most! Then Vince took the stage and, opposed to Reni, was very happy with how quiet everyone was. After many songs and many stories, he departed the stage and juggled his many female followers. After a near fist fight with a Dove model, it was time to lock up. Outside I was appointed keyboard guard, wherein I had to fight off many aspiring pianists, 12 monkeys, and jamboree of ninjas. You know, believe it or not, I'm working hard at making this night sound more interesting. Not that it wasn't a great show. It's just hard to enjoy life without John. LE. SIGH.

ps. It was my half birthday too. Geez.

No comments: