Monday, February 8, 2010

It's a work in progress

Since I got a majority of my work done yesterday, I decided to do something that I'd been putting off for -whew- a long, long time. I can't even tell you. It's probably coming up on a year. I started it. Just drew the image in pencil and put it away. I wasn't sure how I was going to go about painting it. I wasn't keen on painting it with oils as I would completely lose my penciling. In my color theory class, we've been working exclusively with acrylic paints. I've never been a fan of acrylic paints, but I'm really starting to enjoy it. I still prefer the final look of oil, but I like that the acrylic paint dries quickly on the canvas so I can work for longer stretches of time. I didn't really take full advantage of that today, but I thought I'd show something in mid-progress for once. It's no where near finished, but at least it looks different than it has for nearly a year.

No comments: