Sunday, September 28, 2008

do you find me sadistic?

There's a little something that I have to speak about here in my blog. It's not really little, but I have to speak about it. It's important to me to speak about. I would have made an update about it yesterday, but I was too bummed about it and I had a show in Pitman to prepare for and perform at. Be that as it may, you probably read that Paul Newman passed away on Friday. As with all terrible news, my brother, Andrew, informed me of this. He didn't intend to this time, though. When I sign on AIM I frequently first browse my friends away messages and it just so happens that his said, "RIP Cool Hand Luke" and I swear the world stopped turning for a second. Granted, he was 83 years old and that's a nice long life to have led by all means, but it's just sad. I adore Paul Newman. Even his cookies. Every time my mother goes to the store, I request Ginger-o's which is a cookie made by the Paul Newman company. For weeks she was unable to find them and while we were in Target just the other week, I turned the corner and there they were! And I was skipping and so happy! Now I think there will be a bittersweet taste in every bite. :(

So, now I'm going to fill up my blog with all the beauty that is Paul Newman. Well, all the beauty that I could find and could be encompassed in photographs. But if you haven't seen any Paul Newman movies, you need to do so. Recommendations: Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, The Sting, Cool Hand Luke, The Long, Hot Summer, The Hudsucker Proxy, Empire Falls, Nobody's Fool.. Alright, I just named all the ones I've seen. Loved them all, though!



I think my brother put it best...
RIP Cool Hand Luke

1 comment:

papillons et ouragans said...

i think that hudsucker proxy is by far my favorite of his films "you know, for kids"h e is a talented man that will certainly be missed by many

-(chris)topher.