Friday, November 13, 2009

The Romantic

I was the lucky recipient of a personal invitation to the Philadelphia pre-screening of the sensational new animated film, "The Romantic". It was pretty exclusive, but I had an "in" with one of the crew members. Not just any crew member. Yeah, believe it or not, I had an "in" with THE composer of the entire soundtrack, Nathan Terry. Despite the fact that the cold I developed on Monday (which I thought was gone by Thursday) decided to come back on Friday like some kind of campground killer and slaughter my voice, Jamie and I went up to Philly to take part in this once in a lifetime opportunity. Somehow we braved the rain and wind and arrived at the Circle of Hope theatre with time to spare. The movie was really awesome. The animation was twisted and the storyline was even more so. But I definitely enjoyed what I saw. I might not have comprehended it all accurately, but it entertained me and held my interest throughout. Moreover, the music was phenomenal. I don't think I'm bias in saying that either. Somehow Nathan continues to impress me more and more. I didn't think it was possible! He's an amazing musician/composer/person and I definitely feel honored to know him and to even have had the chance to work and collaborate with him. So, what I'm really trying to say is...




I fucking hate the fucking jerk.

No comments: