Friday, April 18, 2008

Apparently, we gave it to the right guy.

People that know me, have already heard about this, but for memory's sake I'm going to say a little something about it. And if you don't know me and you're wondering what's going on here, I'll explain. Jamie, Lisa, and I went to see Good Charlotte at the House of Blues and afterward we were super cool enough to be on the guest list for the private after party. Joel (Madden) DJed, Nicole (Richie) waved, Benji (Madden) talked on the phone, and we danced. Later Joel did not want to "lose his party" so we were unable to talk to him, but Paul (Thomas), the bassist, was brave and unafraid of losing anything and stopped to talk with us. Turned out to be the best possible situation. We chatted with him for a while and gave him a copy of our CD. Mind you, we've given it to a handful of other "professial musicians" and never heard anything back. Well, the very next day he left the above pictured comment. I'm consistently looking for validation that doing this isn't absolutely a waste of time and that's a pretty good one right there. Not only did a successful musician give his approval, but a musician from a band that I love. It's very encouraging. I wasn't sure if he would listen at all, let alone listen right away and then come and connect back with us. It's just so awesome. haha I don't know how to express it! But I'm definitely going to remember this if I ever get anywhere in this business. Never going to get too busy or important! And to end this, I love Paul! ♥