Thursday, April 10, 2008

we do what we need to be free

Last night I finally caught up with 1999 and saw Fight Club. Years ago, I came in while my brother was watching it and I saw from the scene that Ed Norton beats himself up in his boss' office til nearly the end. Though I was confused, I did see the "twist" that was supposed to be a surprise. After that, I just never bothered to watch it because I basically knew how it was going to end. Well, last night it came on and I watched it from start to finish and I'm glad that I finally did. And it wasn't completely ruined knowing the twist, either. It actually just made me enjoy things in a different way. I guess I just enjoyed it in the same way that people enjoyed it their second time seeing it. Noticing things I might not have noticed had I not known the twist. I probably don't need to be so cryptic about the twist. I'm sure I'm about the last person to finally have seen Fight Club in it's entirety. Ah well. It was good. I hope that my insomnia doesn't end with me shooting myself in the jaw, though.

I can't believe I went to bed shortly after watching that movie. Thank God for the Office. It wiped my mind clean of all the gruesome scenes.

Speaking of gruesome, has anyone seen that commercial Meatloaf did for Go Phones? It's nearly as horrible as seeing his dead body on a table with half his head blown off, but in a completely different way. If you haven't seen it, try to avoid it.

No comments: