Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I've turned into vapor

Today is only Wednesday, but I must say thus far this week has sucked. It started out decently with a fun band day out on Sunday and then a nice day off (at least from Aero) which ended with a trip to the mall and to see my favorite Lisa. I was even starting to feel a little bit better health wise. But there was foreshadowing to the downfall of my week when my "index toe" on my left foot began to mysteriously hurt and then get red and even swell up. I don't know what's wrong with it exactly, but it's sore as hell and causes me to limp terribly. That being said, I had a craptastic day at work on Tuesday. First I woke up with the hiccups. And when I get the hiccups, it's violent. They are severe. And they don't go away completely for the whole day. They take a break and then they always come back over and over again throughout the day. Anyway! Aero decided to change their floor set system and instead of doing it on one Sunday night from 6pm to 3am, they've been doing a little bit everyday this week from 6am til the store opens. But it's ridiculous for me, the merch flow manager. Now the backroom has the old product all over the place along with all the stock boxes that come in everyday that I'm supposed to unload and shelve along with everything else. And the floor setting continues throughout the whole day. It's not terribly busy at Aero during the day, but it made my life hell. And then to add to my perfect day, on my break I got some soup to eat outside and I burnt my whole tongue. Then I woke up today feeling sicker than ever. Bleh. I'm going to take a break from complaining about that and say that the day was saved by a little mister. I hadn't seen Samuel since his birthday in July. I can't believe how much bigger he is every time I see him. I know children grow, but I never cease to be amazed. Nor do I cease to be amazed at how different it feels when they belong to your brother.

No comments: