Sunday, October 19, 2008

that's why I don't do two shows a day, I won't do it

It's been casually mentioned in and around my blog about Gizmo's on-going skin troubles. After forgetting and being unable for a few days, I finally made a vet appointment for my pooch. The poor little bastard had to have his temperature taken TWICE. And if you know anything about taking a dog's temperature, you know it's not comfortable! To make matters worse, he had to have another allergy shot. Furthermore, he had a fever so now he's on antibiotics and his psoriasis has worsened so now I have to bathe him every few days with a special shampoo. If you're thinking you want a dog, maybe you should consider what kind of costs can arise when you happen to get one with allergies. But, all in all, it was all worth it, because he's doing much, much better and he's more like himself again! Not sitting around whining and scratching all day and night. This evening we had a nice long hour nap together which hasn't happened in a long time because of his fidgety, itchy behavior. And any day now his Halloween costume is going to come in the mail! I'm excited! I've got the best puppy ever! That's an opinion, not a fake, don't attest it.

No comments: