Thursday, February 21, 2008

i woked up in NYC with a bunch of anxiety

A lot of fun things have been going on and have I been keeping up and blogging about it? NOPE. It's kind of hard to blog when you're getting home near or after 4am every day. But that doesn't really explain why I've slacked for an entire week. That can only be blamed on my absolute laziness. Shame on me.

I'll give a run down.

Friday: To start the celebration of Jamie's 24th birthday, Lisa, the birthday girl, and I went up to Hoboken to see Vince & Brad of AOM and Kris Roe of the Ataris do an acoustic set at Maxwell's. Cool little place, but Hoboken totally blows. We got there decently early and then spent half an hour looking for parking. Luckily I drove and my car is tiny enough to fit where it did because I don't want to think about how much longer we would have been looking had we been in another car. Asides from that, this was a good night. Lisa got to chill with Kris Roe and check out his SWEET ride and I got to drive in NYC for the first time ever with a very awesome navigator and Jamie got to enjoy all of the above! hahaha

Saturday: Nathan, Jamie, and I went to the West of Chester to continue the birthday celebrations. There was a lot of calls being made, as you can see. I'm not sure why the tactic of calling someone over and over to make them want to come out is still used. It's never worked. It's got a 10 out of 10 fail rate. But the people in my circle still try it. And they're still somewhat shocked when the person turns their cellphone off. I think I'd probably do the same thing, but I think if I didn't come out to someone's birthday I would probably have a better reason than being tired. I would at least say something like, "I can't come. Anthony is too annoying." That was nearly enough reason for me to leave! Despite being sexually harassed and having water poured onto my shoulder, somehow Lisa got all the sympathy for being thin! Life is so unfair. We'll see if I ever help celebrate Jamie's birthday again.

Sunday: On Jamie's ACTUAL birthday I put together a little day for her and took her up to NYC. This included some clever word placement and meeting up with Lisa and then Eavvon and it went off without a hitch. I had been a bit stressed about it, but things worked out pretty good. I was especially stressed whenever the issue of NYC or Eavvon would come up Jamie would say things like, "I had my cold weather trip to NYC this year. I'm done" or "maybe we'll go see Eavvon when it's warmer" and I'd have to just agree knowing that we were going to go up there in a few short weeks! That sucked! BUT I guess it turned out alright. I tried to tell her to dress warm.. I dunno. Anyway, we went and had sushi and then Pinkberry.. and then.. that was really the extent of my grand planning. It's hard to make great plans when it's so cold out. Stupidly, it got seriously so warm after it rained. When we got off the train in Hamilton, it was like humid and nice. I wish it had been like that all day! But it wasn't so bad sitting in the Houlihans in Penn Station and people watching. There's a whole lot of weird people to watch in Penn Station. Cue Bill's comment about NYC.

Monday: I took it pretty easy in honor of the President's! I played a lot of guitar and wrote a new song. The only time I went out was to get some Taco Bell with my mom. I haven't had taco bell in forever. And I still suffer from being spoiled by Matt for so long. I'm always unsure of what it is that I order. He always just knew and would get it for me. But I figured it out. It was pretty good. I know it's a sin to some people that I don't eat Taco Bell more since it's so accessible, but I had my fair share for two years.

Tuesday: Another pretty boring day. Most of my days are pretty boring, honestly. So I could have been blogging, but I was probably playing guitar. Later on I went out with Jamie so she could buy her birthday present from her parents. I haven't heard how that's been working out for her. I know it was a camera but I haven't seen any of it's amazingness yet. I'm sure it won't be long! After we got that, we went to one of my favorite places to eat; Ruby Tuesdays. As a balanced part of a Jenell diet, I made a piece of art out of my leftovers. Is that weird or wonderful?

Wednesday: I went to my second home, the post office and then over to visit Bryan who was JUST opening up his store. Don't get the wrong idea. I didn't get up early. It was about 4. And whoa, it looks crazy different in there. If you haven't been to New Revelations in a while you should go. The walls are painted and things are all moved around! It was weird to walk in there! But I had to go home because there was band practice. We put Jimmy to the test and made him play without his song book and he was doing pret-ty good if I do say so myself! After everyone left, I made some food and watched a lot of TV. And it was actual TV. It wasn't The Office DVDs for once. I think I have an addiction to the Office. I seriously have been watching it everyday for... I don't know how many weeks now. Is their a support group?

And that pretty much brings us up to the present! Tonight Jamie and I are going to go see the Foo Fighters. Seeing the Foo Fighters is kind of amusing for me. I mean, they're awesome live but I'm no where near as huge of a fan as Jamie is and I almost feel like a fraud being there. Be that as it may, I'm sure they won't disappoint. Haven't yet!

and I'm spent.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

"I was especially stressed whenever the issue of NYC or Eavvon would come up Jamie would say things like, "I had my cold weather trip to NYC this year. I'm done" or "maybe we'll go see Eavvon when it's warmer" and I'd have to just agree knowing that we were going to go up there in a few short weeks!"

lolz but it only added to the surprise!

and it wasnt THAT cold. it was cold but it coulda been HELLA worse.

thanks again, homie!