Monday, February 25, 2008

one fine day you're gonna want me for your girl

My weekend. Sort of. Nothing *TOO* interesting.
...or was it?!?!

Saw the Foo Fighters at the Spectrum. Possibly the last show I will ever see at the Spectrum. Why? Not because I'm going to be moving anytime soon (hello, I'm unemployed and poor as shit), but because they're possibly tearing it down. If you didn't know that before I or Dave Grohl told you than you really need to get hip to the times! There's possible hotels to be built! Or maybe it's a shopping center. I heard both. Who knows? Not me.

Stayed up real late a lot. Til 8am one morning. I don't know what my deal is. Well, no, I do know what my problem is. My sleep disorders aren't anything new. But I seem to be especially lazy but not tired at night. I'd like to tweak it, but I can't seem to find the motivation to do so. Luckily, Gizmo is up for playing into the wee hours of the morning and then sleeping until whenever I do. He's the best dog ever. How did I live on 2nd st without a dog to keep me company? That place didn't even have TV and I only had like 5 DVDs. I didn't even have the Office to watch! Those were the dark ages! No Gizmo and no Office! I don't want to go back there!!!





Went to the Bus Stop Cafe to check out some friends who play in the band A Few Dollars More. They're bluesy and pretty sah-weet. The lead singer, Wolfman Fran, has the coolest voice so I think I'd probably enjoy most things that he does. I can't believe that voice comes out of him. It's amusing that he stands up there with a piece of paper of lyrics. Very off the cuff stuff. And it was a good night. The people at the Bus Stop are such genuinely good people and they've really put my mind to rest about a few issues. I might be able to attend open mic this week! Maybe Lisa will shows up! That'd make it betta like butta!

Hmm. I guess that's all that's happened this weekend....

SIIIIKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The coolest thing happened tonight!! What happened you ask?! J&TY got played on the radio! The REAL radio! Not internet radio! (no insult to internet radio!) Being on the actual radio was real surreal. I mean, how to explain it... I guess the radio felt like a much bigger medium. Completely unattainable. It seems a bit more reachable now. Though I don't want to get ahead of myself here. It's not like we're on syndication and being rocked from coast to coast. It's a radio show FOR local talent and bands, but still, on a legit station. It's not like they just play anybody who sends something in! It's very validating for me. It's like every time we hit a new high, I get a sense of relief. I think to myself, "whew, you're not absolutely crazy for thinking you can do this.." Maybe this will help me sleep better tonight! haha It's a small step in an enormous business, but it feels pret-ty awesome! I didn't run around in jubilation in 32 degree weather, but maybe if we hadn't been in a scary part of Salem I would have! And furthermore, if nothing more ever happens at least I can say I played in a rock band that actually got played on the radio! Weehoo!

No comments: