Thursday, May 21, 2009

You grow it, I mow it.

It's gotten to the point where I'll do just about anything for a little money (within reason!). It's come to hard physical labor; mowed my grandmother's enormous yard. It wasn't too terrible since I got to use the riding mower! I wouldn't say it was easy, but it was clearly a lot easier than pushing a mower around that yard. The grass was higher than my knees in parts. I was on that thing for about 3 hours and it was actually pretty enjoyable. Felt nice to be doing something outside that required no thought, talent, or emotion. I could just do it and not think for awhile. Next time I think I'd like to bring my ipod, but it wasn't that bad without it. I felt like my brain got to rest from its constant circles. It surely doesn't stop to allow me to sleep. So, I would suggest lawn mowing. It's blissfully mindless. But don't forget your sunblock! Speaking of which, why does sunburn itch?

No comments: