Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I <3 Kylie


I've really gotten behind updating this due to my hectic schedule. My schedule hasn't gotten any less hectic, but I want to update so I'm going to! It'll be a shock if I can remember anything to update WITH!

But I definitely remember THIS day! :D

Due to it being only my 2nd week in quarter, I decided to pack my car with everything I would need to go up to NYC after my design class. I was running pretty late and practically flew to Philly and hiked up the five flights to get to my design class just to find that it had been canceled. The amount of anger I was faced with at that moment is impossible for me to describe. After some calls, I decided to go home and meet up with Jamie there instead of at the Hamilton Station.The trip up to NYC was a lot less frustrating and rushed. Even got the VIP train! woot woot! Had a nice, yet overly priced dinner at TGIFriday's and then got in the long, long line at the Hammerstein Ballroom. I won't mention how I sneaked my camera in, but it was pretty uncomfortable. ;) Without sounding mean, I have never been to a show where the ratio of men to women was like 6 to 1. It was a brodeo. These dudes have good taste, though. This was Kylie's first American tour and it was worth the wait! The venue was a little frustrating. The stage was so high and the floor was so flat. It was standing room only, basically, and it was pretty much impossible for me to see despite how close to the front we were. After she de-skulled, I couldn't see her at all so we ventured further and further back. All the way to the steps that you descend to from the entrance doors. Luckily, I squeezed in next to the rail and was able to see! We were pretty far back, but I still got some nice, though lower quality shots. (two of those pictures are from when we were closer up)I became a Kylie fan way back. When I first met Louise, she had a shirt that said, "I <3 Kylie". At that time, Kylie hadn't even released, "Can't Get You Outta My Head" here in the States so I had no idea and I said, "who is Kylie?" The rest, as they say, is history. Ironically, the girl standing behind me on the steps was not only blond, but was also Scottish! I felt like Louise was there with me in spirit!! Such a great night! The only thing that would have made it better would have been if I didn't have class the next morning and I could have stayed and seen some NY friends! boooo

No comments: