Monday, June 15, 2009

I like me so much better when you're naked

You may or may not have heard of Ida Maria yet, but I stumbled upon her music on YouTube of all places late last year. Doesn't seem like it was that long ago, but it definitely was. Definitely rocked out to her music in Florida. Be that as it may, Jamie kept a much better eye on her developing career, buying her album and I suppose joining her mailing list that happily alerted her to the show Ida was playing at the North Star Bar. So, we hit it up. I was annoyed that the North Star Bar decided to remove all their tables and chairs from the room and the couch from upstairs. No where to sit! Not to mention the 40 minutes it took them to sound check for Ida. That kind of wait does not get me siked for a show. Cause all I think after everyone song is, "How much longer cause my feet are killing me.." And it was an alright show. Not the greatest I've ever seen. A lot of her songs are pretty similar to one another so I was a little bored at times. Not to mention she definitely won the award for the fugliest stage outfit I've ever witnessed. Some of Gwen Stefani's looks were bad at the show at the Tweeter the other night, but the horrible spandex leggings that Ida had on with that sparkly, old lady in Atlantic City vest was atrocious. Ah well. Pretty decent way to spend a Monday night!

No comments: