Thursday, February 15, 2007

love is a losing hand

February 14th means a lot of things to a lot of different people. To many it's Valentine's Day. To some it's Ferris Wheel day. Or maybe even just another day like any other day. But for me, February 14th is the anniversary of the day that my life was Gizmofied. Two years ago today, my mother and I drove to Philadelphia International Airport and picked up my little void of color. He was much smaller in those days. We made an agreement that he wouldn't get any bigger, and in true Gizmo defiance, he broke our deal and has grown quite a bit. However, he's retained his girlish figure unlike some schnauzers in this household. But despite him growing up, he's still basically the same whiney, attached puppy that he was then. But just a little more stylish....

In honor of "My Favorite", I sing this little ditty:

"My little gentleman, I'll take you to foggy London town because you are my little gentleman..."

Those lyrics aren't to be taken too seriously. I think Gizmo would like air travel about as much as I do so I don't think we'll be literally going to foggy London town anytime soon. But, he is quite a little gentleman, wouldn't you say?

Here's to many more February 14ths with Gizmo Wilkerstinitious!
cheers to my bub! ♥

2 comments:

Jamie said...

that tie really works with him. seriously it's got spunk just like him.

can't believe it's been 2 years! I still remember the first time i saw the lil guy SIGH.

e. Styles said...

Crocodile on my feet
puppy fur on my back
Bowtie `round my neck
That's why they call me the gangsta mack
In the Cadillac!! Yeah!!