Saturday, April 10, 2010

it's raining brides!

Just got home from the bridal shower of a friend that I've had since the 4th grade! Back in those days when we were little kids, not only did I sign my name "The Great One" but Becky here was in love with Sonic the Hedgehog. And she didn't just enjoy the game. She hung up things on her wall exclaiming her love for him and claimed she was going to marry Sonic. I didn't let her forget this today at her bridal shower considering she is NOT marrying Sonic at all! I've seen and met and talked to Dave. He's nice, but can he run like Sonic? Is he best friends with a Fox with a lot of tails? Would he run around naked collecting rings all over the world for her? I don't think so! But I suppose he gave her the only ring she really wanted so Sonic is just shit outta luck. In all seriousness, Becky still the same sweet, genuine person that she ever was and she's the only person I know that has really got their life on track. She deserves it, though. She's worked really hard to get everything she has and I wish her nothing but the best! I just hope she'll sprinkle a little of that magic fairy dust she's got on her onto me!!

ps. Ever been to a bridal shower that started at 9am? That's when hers started. So brutal. Nap time now.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

hey where was this at?!

jenell o' boogie said...

It was at Running Deer Country Club. Pretty swank!

Jamie said...

yeah that's where my parents play golf and we eat breakfast on easter in past years! That place is niiiiiiice.