Thursday, April 22, 2010

Just face it

I haven't had very much experience at all with sculpture. At Christmas, I tried my hand at it on my own, but it didn't turn out too great. So now I have to take a sculpture class and apparently I'm not as terrible as I thought I was. We started this last week and had to finish it up tonight for a grade. We all had to leave the room while he graded everyone's work. When we returned, he had moved our sculpting tables into a line up and explained which work was the closest to what he was looking for. Mine was up with the three best in the room! And, honestly, if you had looked at the other two, you'd have to note that they looked less human then mine did. I don't mean to come off as rude or cocky, but I was pretty proud of my work. I'm definitely not letting it go to my head. I'm going to continue to work just as hard and listen closely to his instructions. I definitely don't think I'm some kind of sculpture Goddess by any means. But he gave us the option to take them home or to leave them behind, and I took mine home. It's something I sculpted that's not a complete mess! Hurray! And next week I think we're going to be sculpting the REST of her. When that fact struck her during a hair dye conversation in the ladies room, she ran out of the bathroom saying, "Ah! I can't be naked in front of you! We're friends!!!"

No comments: