Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Rawhide

There has been a LongHorn restaurant in our local shopping complex for a couple years now. It's the youngest restaurant in the area, but it didn't get there yesterday. Tonight was my very first visit to our LongHorn and to a LongHorn restaurant in general. My mom has gone there a lot of times and when I've asked her what it was like, she's told me it was nice inside. I took from that that the interior was upscale. Not fancy, but at least a lot less kitchy than the Texas Roadhouse. My point here is? My imagination did not adequately prepare me for reality. I'm not saying that it wasn't nice. It was nice. But it's like an upscale hunting lodge or ranch or something. I felt like I had stepped out of Millville and into an amusement park themed restaurant. Don't get me wrong. I enjoyed it. The food was good and the blackberry mojito was yummy. Overall a superb restaurant experience! Bravo LongHorn!

No comments: