Saturday, May 29, 2010

Sometimes you just have to get away

After way too long, my good friend, John, came up from Maryland to visit for a day. Despite having to get up earlier than I wanted, my day was pretty sweet. My wonderful mother made omelets for us before we went to see MacGruber in Mays Landing. It was awesome. So ridiculously hilarious. I'm mad that a week after it got into the theater there was only three showings of it. So stupid. Not even giving the film a chance. Stupid blockbusters! Anyway, afterward we took John down to Atlantic City so he could experience it for the first time ever! It was a lot busier than I'm used to. Normally I'm there late at night and not during a holiday weekend. It's not as cool looking in the light, but we had a nice time walking around nonetheless. Lots of good people watching always goes down in AC. We even took a little walk on the beach. My first beach visit of the season! After we had our fill of gambling, smoke, and losing money, we ate and went back to my house and lounged on the back with a nice fire. THEN everybody left and I was left to worry about all the work I have to do this weekend. YAWN.

No comments: