Saturday, May 1, 2010

What a stupid day.

Today sucked. I had a list of things I wanted to get done and I didn't get any of it done. I woke up to discover that we not only didn't have a working toilet in the house, but we also didn't have any running water. I don't remember the exact details behind all of the ins and outs of what they were doing, but I do know there was an enormous trench around my front porch out to the road at least 6 feet deep. They were changing out pipes and installing new ones. In digging down to pipe level, they burst the sewer pipe. If anything can go wrong, it does around here. It's just par for the course. So what was supposed to take a few hours, took until about 5 in the evening. At 3, my parents left for a hospital function they had to attend in Philadelphia and I was left to play plumber's assistant and run up and down and all around turning water on and off and whatever they needed. It was really hot and I hadn't had a shower and I couldn't use a bathroom and I just was feeling so gross and moody. It was not a fun day! After all that madness was over and I got a shower, Jamie and I went to the Cosmopolitan to get some food. Since it was warm, we sat outside. El fresco! And check out the sweet view we had! Nothing like dining out with the view of a charred bowling alley and the setting sun. Ah Vineville. So glorious.

No comments: