Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Winter 2010 Honors Convocation

After coloring my hair, hurting my finger, and enduring the longest trek to 55 the world has ever seen, my parents, Jamie, and I arrived in Philadelphia to attend the Winter 2010 Honors Convocation at my school. I was up for two awards; Best of Quarter (for Color Theory) and a 4.0 award. I had never been to one of these ceremonies so I didn't quite know what to expect. They had yummy munchies provided by the culinary department and drinks. The teacher that nominated my work for the Best of Quarter Award, Mr. Martone, came by to meet my parents. That was nice. The room the ceremony was in filled the hell up. When it actually came time to get my award, I could barely get around to get it. They ran right through the 4.0 awards, but for the Best of Quarter award they didn't move on to the next name til the recipient had come up so when I finally got around all these people, I just booked up to the front. People laughed so it was all good. There's way too many people accepting awards for them to show the pieces that won, but I was a little bummed regardless. I wanted to see my work. I haven't seen it since March! I can't wait to be reunited! haha After wards, we went to the Hard Rock Cafe. I love the Hard Rock Cafe. It doesn't matter which one you go to, there's always awesome stuff in there to look at. And the music videos are always amusing. But all in all, it was a really good little day. I don't particularly love spending my days off from school AT school, but it wasn't too bad! :)

Moreover, thanks to everyone who is patient, understanding, and puts up with my busy schedule and empty bank account. I'm lucky to have the good friends that I have. So lucky. That being said, I'm kind of glad to find out who my true friends are. It's never bad to find out who you can rely on! Yay friends!

No comments: