Thursday, June 3, 2010

Rootinest Tootinest

Had our last class with a model in Sculpting for Animation tonight. For 10 weeks straight we've had a model and for about 6 of those said weeks we've had nude models. So, I went from never seeing anyone else naked besides myself to seeing different people nude so often that it became part of a regularly scheduled Thursday. Woo college! Anyway, tonight was our last night. For the last few weeks, I've been struggling to stay in the top five, but this sculpture was deemed the best in the class not only by the teacher but other students. And there's one girl who's work is so awesome every week and she said that she was jealous of mine the whole night. I took that as a big compliment. Despite the migraines I seem to get from the class, I think I will miss this class. I don't think I'll get the opportunity to do another sculpture class unfortunately, but I'm glad I took it. I would definitely say that my abilities have improved ten fold. I'm not ever going to share the horrible attempts I made at sculpting prior to the class. They're too awful. But I'm excited to try some of my own stuff at home!

No comments: