Sunday, September 26, 2010

Didn't feel much like going back to Lindenwold, so Gizmo and I hung around the house. We ran errands and just basically spent the day with my mom. Lately there's been a lot of buzz going on in the household as my mother has interviewed for jobs in two hospitals in California. As things progress, it's looking more and more like my parents will be moving on California before the end of this year. It's something that my mom has wanted to do for a long time and I'm glad that she's taking the initiative and doing it. She's been saying it so long that people basically have stopped listening so I'm glad that she's going to prove all the nay-sayers wrong. I wouldn't call myself one of those. I've always knew that she would one day do it, but at the same time I was never thrilled with the idea. I liked when it was just an idea. I can avoid reality for only so long. With everyday that passes it's just going to be another day closer to when my mother moves across the country. I'm going to hate it. I'll certainly survive, but I will definitely hate it. And so, I have been spending as much time at home on my break as I could. It's going to be super weird when my mother isn't even in the same time zone as me everyday. I hate dealing with that when she's just on vacation or out of town. It's going to take a lot of adjusting. A lot.

No comments: