Thursday, September 16, 2010

Summer Quarter 2010 - FIN!

Had my last class of Summer Quarter 2010 this evening. It was a great note to end the quarter on. My last class was Drawing & Anatomy which is taught by one of my favorite instructors, Bill Bahmermann. It was up in the air last week whether or not we would be drawing and when I finally arrived to class after being hit by a sudden tornado I found that we weren't going to be drawing and that our last class would just be a critique and final judgment of all of our work this quarter. I'm happy to report that I not only got an A on my final work, but got an A on everything we did the entire quarter. Furthermore, he told me that I make a lot of choices that other people don't make. That I choose good subjects, aesthetically pleasing views and focus on the right things whereas a majority of people just draw everything that they see. In the same vein, I don't shade things by shading in the entire form. As in, I'm not afraid to leave bits completely untouched. He said that some people spend their whole lives trying to figure out how to do what I do naturally. To make the right choices. I may not make very good choices in my personal life, but apparently I make some good ones somewhere! Thank Fuck! And finally he asked if I had ever been to any other art schools before this one and when I said I hadn't he said, "Good for you then." I was definitely a happy girl! I was really dragging through this quarter and definitely wasn't pleased with my finals so it was really nice to end with that. It was just what I needed to pick myself up out of the pity party I was throwing since I got a B on Tuesday. I don't often talk about my grades and what not in here or in general, but I thought this was worth mentioning. Furthermore, being that this is my blog, it was worth remembering later on. It feels great to be told by someone you greatly admire that you're doing something right and that you're basically in the right place. And with all that being said, I'm SO ready for my two week break! HALLELUJAH!!

No comments: