Saturday, December 4, 2010

3000 Miles to Graceland

My parents last full day in Millville. Change is a natural part of life, but it's not always easy to let go of the past. It wasn't easy for me to stand by as my parents prepared to leave the house I grew up in to go to a place 3000 miles away. And though it's nice that the house won't be sold, it was a little unsettling to be there as my parents moved out and my brother and his friend move in. It was kind of surreal. I spent much of the day laying in my parents bed sleeping and hiding from the mayhem downstairs. I got up to go out of the house with my mother a few times and I participated in the early Christmas celebrations that were held at night with my nephew. There were things I just could not participate in like eating or packing. I mostly just hung around quietly and tried not to cry. Didn't always work out, though. Emotions were running high and there was a lot of clashes. Just a really awful day, really. But probably not as bad as the day that followed it.

No comments: