Sunday, December 5, 2010

Saddest day of 2010

Day of the big move. Wilder (my eldest brother), Zoee (my dad's dog), my father, and my mother departed for their long journey to Long Beach, CA. When my father came downstairs early in the morning, I got right up from my make shift bed and went upstairs and got in bed with my mother. I was pretty much crying all morning from that point on. Kind of like I do whenever I hear "Home" by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes. I cannot hear that song without crying anymore. Anyway, after they left, I hung around the house with my brother, Andrew and his roommate, Don, and tried to pull myself together. Eventually the drugs kicked in and I went to the hefty task of loading my car up with everything that I had acquired from my mother over the weekend due to the move and due to the early Christmas. It was a lot of stuff, as you can see. After I got home, Gizmo and I pretty much just laid on the couch all night. I can honestly say I have no idea what I would do if I didn't have Gizmo in my life. Considering what I was going through when I got him, he's pretty in tune to my emotions and is the sweetest, most comforting little monster when I'm upset. I can't imagine loving anything more than I love him. Well, except maybe my mother.

No comments: