Monday, December 27, 2010

Day Eight: California Christmas

Last day in Long Beach. It was probably the nicest, warmest day of the entire trip. Since there's not much to do in the apartment, Gizmo and I took a walk out of the neighborhood. The area is really pretty with the mountains off in the distance and all the palm trees all over the place. I must have looked like I knew where I was going because some girl asked me for directions! Unfortunately, I could not help her. So much for being a local. After my mom got done work, we went out to eat as a last hurrah. We ate at this place called "Polly's" which is kind of an oddly decorated, home cooking sort of diner situation. Be that as it may, I had a yummy turkey burger with mac and cheese on the side and I got a free piece of pie. Can't beat that! When we got home, I finished up packing and we all went to bed early due to the fact that we had to leave for the airport at 6am.

No comments: