Tuesday, March 6, 2007

all you do is smash things up


I was thinking today, it would really suck to get in a fist fight. Two things prompted these thoughts. A combination of Gizmo headbutting my brow bone and the movie Wild Hogs, which I went to see with my mother. There was a few fist fight type scenes in it, and I really think that only in the movies do you keep on getting back up after so much force to your face. Especially when you're middle aged men.
I saw a more accurate scene in Sex, Lies, and Videotape the other night. James Spader's character finds himself basically unable to get up for a few dizzying moments after only one punch. Now, see, that's what I think would really happen, at least to me. If someone punched me in my face, I would definitely just go down hoping that less contact to my face would occur if I just stayed the hell down. I cried uncle after only one hit with a dog that's not even half my size.

What can I say? I'm a loveist not a fightest.

No comments: