Wednesday, January 16, 2008

i never meant to cause you trouble

For the past few days I've been putting Gizmo down. Revoking his right to the title "schnauzer" or "terrier". But tonight he's proven me wrong. Before I explain, I think I should make it clear that I do not wish to kill Shanks; our little mouse perpetrator. I ordered a non-lethal trap so I could get him and remove him. I know it's stupid to most people because the mouse can possibly just come back, but I don't care. I just prefer to do it this way. I don't have the stomach to kill a little mouse. And tonight I saved Shanks little life at least two times. I under-estimated Gizmo and he nearly killed this mouse. Twice. He cornered the little dude behind the trashcan somehow and the only reason he escaped certain death is because I grabbed Gizmo's collar and wouldn't let him do what God intended. Later, he attacked Shanks again near the wardrobe and I think he either scared him stiff or he actually hurt him. He was acting pretty weird and not running away as fast. He seemed to recover and continue mouse activity, but I can't be sure. As far as I know, he's not dead.. yet. I really don't wish to think about the possibilities. I would just really like Amazon to hurry the flip up with this trap so I can not be dealing with this anymore. It's making me a little mental. I'm like seeing shit now. And thinking my hair is like something that it's not. Not to mention I haven't gotten to sleep before 7am for the past few days because Gizmo is constantly jumping up and trying to get at him. So, I've actually taken on the hours of the mouse. I sleep when it sleeps. I am actually nocturnal. I guess it probably would make sense to most people to just have let Gizmo murder it and be done with it, but Gizmo is too young to have a murder on his record and I'm too squeamish to handle a dead mouse.

Let this update stand as a formal apology for dissing my dog's natural born abilities.

ps. isn't this badass?

1 comment:

Jamie said...

oh nossss gizmo would so be more gangsta than us both combined!!!