Monday, January 21, 2008

she built a skyscraper of procrastination

Some things that I hate right now:
Winter.
Cold in general. It being as cold outside as I am young. When it's cold enough for the bottles of Fiji water we store outside to freeze, it's too cold. I don't know if you know this or not, but Fiji water resists freezing pretty well. I don't know why. I guess it's the bottles. Or the awesomeness that is Fiji water. One day they're going to say that Fiji water causes brain cancer or something. I'll be so mad.

Shrinking Jean Sizes.
In a country plagued with obesity, I guess this isn't an issue of importance to hardly anyone. But it's happening! It's unfair and annoying, but it's fo realz. The jeans I got last year that are size 0 fit me just fine. But this year a size 0 in the same store, in the same style are too big. So now, unfortunately, I have to wear a size 00. And it's absolutely the most aggravating thing to have people tell me that I'm lucky or that I shouldn't rub it in their faces like I've lost weight or something. Do people not understand that there is no smaller size after 00? Unless they start making something ridiculous like a triple 0, I'm going to have to start shopping at a children's store. It's stupid. It's no wonder people are so obese when clothing companies lie to them and tell them they are a much smaller size than they were last year when they're probably actually bigger! I'm 24. I don't want to shop in a kid's store. Angela from the Office may shop in the Gap Kids but I don't want to! The cuts of the clothes are not made for a woman's body. They're made for young girls. Moreover, the bigger child sizes are made for overweight young girls. They're not going to fit right and I can't afford to shop in NYC and buy $150 jeans. I hate marketing. Fuck marketing teams that exploit their consumers. Which is all marketing teams. Fuck.

Idiots on Myspace Like This:
When a random person on myspace adds you, I can see why you might send a message like this, but when a BAND adds you, is it really necessary? Seriously? Is anyone that stupid? It hurt my brain to find this message in my in-box after a few hours of friend adding. Stupid people hurt my brain. I fear they will eventually hurt it enough to make me like them.

LastFm Scrobbler
Once upon a time, I had lastfm and it was absolutely no problem. Then one day, it stopped working. Apparently, they had upgraded their scrobbler and I needed to upgrade to it too. But when I saw that it was this extra thing that you had to log onto and sat at the bottom of your screen, I said, "fuck it" and forgot about lastfm for a long time. Then for certain reasons I decided that I'd give it a try and downloaded the upgrades. And, as I suspected, I hated it. Moreover, my computer hated it. I wasn't sure what the problem was, but after downloading it, my computer was moving really slow. I thought maybe it had something to do with all the albums on my hard drive. Got them off. Still my computer was crawling. Then I was looking at the task manager last night and realized that the "LastFMHelper" was ranking a 98 or so in my processes and making my CPU run at nearly 100. Yet again I said, "fuck it" to lastfm and set out to uninstall it. It did not want to be uninstalled. It held on for dear life. But eventually, I rid myself of it. Miraculously, my computer is running like a young buck again! A couple days ago I tried to install photoshop from a disc someone let me borrow and it wasn't working for me. I'd click it and click it and it wouldn't do anything so I figured the disc was bogus. NOPE! Lastfm was just making it impossible for my computer to do ANYTHING because I tried it tonight and it did it IMMEDIATELY. So, fuck you, Lastfm, I'd rather have photoshop than your stupid ass!

Nathan
I don't have any particular reason why. I just always hate Nathan.


No comments: