Saturday, September 5, 2009

Never ending cake cake cake cake...

Despite my grandmother's request for her birthday to come and go without a sound, I baked and decorated a yummy cake and some cupcakes buddies anyway. My aunt was going to be in town for the weekend to see my cousin's new baby and some family was going to be over for Labor Day so I figured I should make a little of both. A funfetti cake and chocolate cupcakes. Best of both worlds. It was no easy matter. I got home late from work and had a great deal of trouble with the icing we had bought. It was too thin. It dripped right off the cake. It was a disaster. So, I went out and bought some new icing. The cheapest I could find without any bullshit about it being whipped or fluffy. That stuff worked a lot better. I wound up just scraping down the cake and starting over with the new icing. And all throughout the night I was worrying that I was going to run out of icing. Luckily, I did not. Didn't turn out just how I wanted, but everyone was impressed nonetheless! After, I went to Philly with Matt to get some Phakeberry. It's good stuff. But South Street was insanely crowded. Possibly more crowded than I had ever seen it. Note to self: Never visit South Street on Labor Day weekend. Though, the Phakeberry place wasn't really crowded at all. People don't know what they're missing!

No comments: