Tuesday, September 29, 2009

ZOOOOOOOOOBA!


Once upon a time, the Panera Bread establishment had a sweet deal. If you came in and spent over $10, you would receive a free ticket to the Philadelphia Zoo. My mama didn't raise no fool so we got ourselves to Panera Bread and had a lovely meal. This marketing ploy was absolutely win-win. I love their food and I love the zoo! And the Philadelphia Zoo is not a cheap ticket. It's $18 rather than the $10 I spent and I wouldn't have gotten a delicious meal at Panera bread to boot! So, we've had the tickets for a few months now and have been holding off on using them. I love the zoo, but I'd prefer to go when it isn't massively crowded. With orientation coming up on Friday and classes starting next week, the window of opportunity was closing in so luckily we were able to go! It was pretty much the perfect day for it; a sunny, crisp autumn day. I borrowed my mother's amazing camera and got a lot of great pictures. I go to so many shows where you're not allowed to have cameras I actually felt like they might tell me I can't bring my camera into the zoo. But yeah, it was really nice. I wish I could go to zoos like that more often. Maybe when I live in Philly I'll go more often. Not that I'll have any money. I'll have to work out a way to break in. Come to think of it, I never even went to our sad little Bridgeton Zoo this year. Damn, I need to get with the program.

ps. check out more of my zoo pictures at my flickr page

1 comment:

Jamie said...

that camera is MAGIC