Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Blister in the sun




Things are getting a little hectic at work with Laura cutting back on her hours and Kelly leaving. Kristin and I are both relatively new and we don't have a very fast rhythm going. This is the only cake I completed today. Some cakes are simple and take maybe a half hour to complete, but some cakes are like projects and take a lot of steps to complete. That was the case with my work today. I nearly finished my second cake, but didn't have time to put any finishing touches on it so it'll be in tomorrow's post!





Later on, Jamie and I went to Philly to check out Topher's Bossa Nova Brigade at Lickety Splits. But right before so, we made a stop at "Fakeberry" for some delicious frozen yogurt. I've been in the place a few times, but never had the money to spend on it so this was my first time trying it there. Pinkberry could learn a few things from that place. Mango tart was super delicious. My mouth is watering just thinking about it! So, I think I'm going to stop. Though, I don't really want to think about the blister that I got afterward. No where near as sweet as the bands or the yogurt. Could have done without the blister.

ps. I thought this mermaid cake was pretty ugly, but I got a $20 tip on it! Crazy!

No comments: