Friday, August 28, 2009

Where's the money?


I had a particularly long work day today. From 10 in the morning until 9:30 at night. Like I said previously, things are a little more hectic without Kelly and less Laura. I did a rose cake in the morning and then the caterpillar cake, despite being easy, took a long time. I had to mix all those colors and do stars all the way around and what not. The "Fiesta" cake was of my own creation in a sense. They gave some napkins to match color and theme wise and what they wanted it to say, but I made up the cake in a sense. Hopefully they like it. I was particularly proud of my color matching. I'm not great at mixing colors, but I pulled some good ones out.

But after I was done all of that (and took a long break because of a growing headache), confetti cakes still had to be made. Seven of them in fact. Since Kristin was working on a very complicated Candyland cake, I did all of them. That brought my total cake number to 10 cakes in one day. And after I was done all of that, I still did Friday cleaning. I was a little annoyed, but I should feel spared as when I left Kristin still wasn't done that Candyland cake. I'm sure it turned out awesome, but I never did see it in it's final stages. AH WELL. I need the money so it is what it is. Though, it did bug me when I got home and my mom assumed I was out having fun! PAH! I wish!

No comments: