Saturday, August 8, 2009

I'm puked.

Went to the open house at the Art Institute. It started at 9am so I had to get up at 6:30 so my mother and I could leave before 8 to arrive on time. We arrived early which was good because the place was packed. We got through check in surprisingly quickly and made it to the welcome speech just in time. We didn't stay too terribly long and we opted out of doing things we felt were redundant. Despite that, the open house did clarify some things. I liked the emphasis on applied arts rather than an emphasis on academics with applied methods coming in the last semester of study as is more traditional. And I was relieved to talk to my admissions person about my application. But other than that, I don't have too much to say about things thus far. Figuring the two times I was rejected from Hampshire College in the past makes it hard for me to imagine actually being accepted let alone actually attending. I'm hesitant to get too excited or think too much about it. Not to say I haven't been worrying about many aspects. Ah well. Only time will tell...

No comments: