Thursday, August 13, 2009

Congratulations is the bane of my existence


Another frustrating and long day of cake making. I was just having one of those days where I felt like I couldn't do anything right. I got so mad at one of the cakes I did that I didn't even take a photo of it. I just put it in the box and said so long! It was a graduate cake. Should have been really easy. It was a scanned photo with a cap and diploma drawn on. No biggie. But then I had to write "Congratulations Will". "Congratulations" is the bane of my existence! You might be thinking that I spelled it wrong, but I did not. I was careful with that! Such a long damn word, I couldn't fit it! And it was on a chocolate cake with chocolate icing so scraping it off was a much larger ordeal. I salvaged it, but I was so frustrated after the third time that my heart was pounding and then Kelly said, "You scrap that off one more time, and you're gonna have to start the cake over." So, on the next cake I had to do, the Rooster one pictured, I wrote "Congratulations Luis" very carefully and smaller. And what did Kelly say? "I would have written that bigger, but... oh well." UGH. I'm glad today is over. But I did hand draw those seahorses (most stuff is projected on and traced). That should get me some points.

No comments: